Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Shopaholic Takes on Kuala Lumpur

I'm usually not much of a shopper. I mostly spend my money on books, but today the Rebecca Bloomwood in me emerged (maybe it was sparked off by HL's blog) Went down to Mid Valley today. Here's what I bought:

1. black jeans
2. cargo pants ( I love cargo pants)
3. bracelet (for Mom)
4.doggie bracelet (for myself)
5. Riddler and LOTR cartoon vcds
6. Low sugar white lotus and ginkgo lotus mooncakes for friend's parents
7. Tiramisu and mocha macadamia mooncakes for family

Spent a while at MPH reading Jeff Galloway's book on marathon training. It was quite pleasant, with therapeutic sounds of flowing water and Bach/Gounod's version of Ave Maria in the background. Managed to read quite a bit except for the training programs. I'm not sure if I can train Galloway style, which is to walk and run a marathon. Some people have used this method and achieved marathon time of 2 hours plus. Amazing. If I walked and ran I would take 9 hours to complete a marathon I think.

Well tomorrow's National Day but I have to work. It's going to be just another day for me. I guess I am not patriotic at all.

Exercise diary:
5.5km outdoor run

Food diary:
Breakfast: toast and coffee
Lunch: Crouching tiger bun and 1/8 tiramisu mooncake
Dinner: Stir fried French beans and cauliflower, Oyster sauce chicken with potato and carrot, Pineapple

No comments: