Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Salmon Poem

I am here in Starbucks again with Claudine having my Brazil Ipanema Bourbon. Just as Harry Potter's punishment was etched on the back of his hand in Order of the Phoenix, so was Dr Peter Ng's sermon in my mind. I've been thinking of salmon all morning. And no, not the sashimi type! God answers prayers. I was a salmon this morning. Went running (5.5km). I was definitely like a salmon going upstream when i was running up the Terasek slope (mind you it's only a slope not even a hill). Even the sky was salmon pink. Beautiful morning. As I ran up the slope, a little poem conjured in my mind. It even has a tune to go with it, sounding very much like one of those piano tunes I used to play in John Thompson's beginner books.

I'm a salmon swimming upstream,
Going to the place I dream,
I'm a salmon swimming upstream,
Things are never what they seem.

Lo and behold I'm up the creek,
Heading towards the peak,
I'm a salmon swimming upstream,
Going to the place I dream.

No comments: