Thursday, August 18, 2005

Setting the Pace

Couldn't sleep after all that food. So decided to do some homework for my marathon. I am trying to shave my timing from 5 1/2 hours to 5 hours. I wonder how Oprah Winfrey managed to do it sub 4 hours. So i used the Pace Calculator on Runner's World to find out how fast i need to run. Here was my result:

Input

Distance run: 42.195km

Hours: 5 Minutes:0 Seconds:0

Output

7 : 07 Pace per kilometer

8.44 Kilometers/hour

2.34 Meters/second

Wow. 8.44km/h. Maintaining that speed on a leisurely short distance run is fine...but to keep that pace for 42.195km? Sounds scary. 2.34m/s sounds even more daunting. Should I lower my standard and go for 5:15 instead?

1 comment:

KC & the Sunshine Runners said...

Hi Lynn,

Glad to hear from you. Please send me a test mail to:
kcle3@streamyx.com

regards,
KC Leong :-))