Sunday, August 21, 2005

Karaoke was more than OK

It's been a long day for me. Started my day at 8am..visited St Paul's church this morning. It's my first time in an Anglican church, so i felt a bit awkward that I wasn't familiar with the practices there (especially during the communion where you had to dip the wafer into the wine). I guess it was obvious that I was a new face, since the vicar asked if I was confirmed during the communion! Nevertheless, God speaks to you wherever you are, wherever you go. The sermon sure spoke to me and reminded me that God heals us in His grace and love. Amen to that.

After church, I dropped by my new place, checked out the stove which they installed for me. Good and clean job. Now I need to buy the gas cylinder! Chilled out for a while at my new house. It was really cool and breezy. After that, went to fetch Ellen and we headed off to KLPAC to watch Romi and Joo Lee. Pretty entertaining, I liked the number which they did "You will survive" (sung to the tune of "I will survive") It's loosely based on Romeo and Juliet but with a Malaysian twist. The star of the show was Gavin Yap.

Later in the evening we had a karaoke session at Red Box in the Curve. It started with an Abba-fest (fatboybakes would LOVE this), with Zan and I belting out numbers like Dancing Queen, Knowing Me knowing You, Take a Chance on Me, I Have a Dream and Does Your Mother Know. Then came a series of Chinese songs from Ee Tan and Ellen. Expected more songs from Mun Loong but there wasn't any Italian songs other than La Donna E Mobile. There wasn't "The Prayer" (duet version) available either. But he entertained us with "The Last Waltz". Hui Li showed no signs of any neck sprain when she sang "Livin' on a Prayer". Or perhaps she WAS ACTUALLY in pain when she was screaming the song and i wasn't aware of it..I guess the highlight was when I attempted to sing "Bohemian Rhapsody" which Cheese sang along but abandoned halfway! Chun Nam also displayed his talent singing a Chinese song (don't know title...as if I would understand what it means even if i knew the title..) which ended with "ee ho wat tat.." The grand finale was "We are the World" which everyone screamed with all their hearts.

After 3 hours of crooning and yodelling, we ended the day with a meal at Kim Gary. I had a wonderful day after a lousy Saturday. It's like candy to a child!


3 comments:

jesscet said...

Yeah, it was pretty fun. Haven't sung `K' for so long and I'm not that bad a mike hogger right? Hey, you must complete `Bohemian Rhapsody' next time.. i kinda like it! Also.. All By Myself and other singleton songs that we could croon out loud together!

Chipmunkrock said...

haha have you got "Bohemian Rhapsody" at home? then you must accompany me! It must also be sung with the headbanging bit like in Wayne's World!

Chipmunkrock said...

i know what you mean..the "bismillah" part right?