Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Killer Haze

The haze has become worse. I can even detect the burnt smell indoors. It has been making me feel ill. Throat feels sore and itchy. What is more annoying is that people keep smoking indoors. Why don't they just save some money, go outdoor and INHALE the haze? That should be enough pollutants to make them high. Even visibility within the complex has deteriorated. Everyone looks like a "dream girl" or "dream guy" with the hazy effects minus the hair blowing in the wind and soppy music.

So, it looks like indoor training for me for a while. Sigh. It definitely isn't easy to run long distance on the treadmill. Firstly, it's boring and secondly, it's not good gym ettiquette to hog the machine. So I have to get up extra early to ensure that I arrive at the gym at 6.30am (when it opens) because the crowd starts trickling in at 7am. This morning I arrived at my gym at 6.30 and lo and behold...the usual caretaker (an old uncle) who usually opens the place is on medical leave. He left the keys with one of the gym attendants BUT he left the wrong set of keys. Another instructor had a spare set of keys but he lives all the way in Batu Caves. So what did the attendant do? He actually broke the door. He said he's never broken a door before but I thought the manner in which he did it was rather skilled. My friend is convinced he's an ex crook.

Exercise diary:
7km run on treadmill
5 min on stepper

Food diary:
Breakfast: Toast with butter and kaya, 3 eggs (that's because Claudine didn't want her egg), Milo , lime juice
Lunch: Cereal and milk, 1 1/2 cream crackers
Dinner: potato and carrot soup, stir fried chinese cabbage with tofu pok, oyster sauce chicken with baby corn, mushroom and carrots

I must lay off eggs for a few days. Good thing is that eggs are good for active people. But I also found out that coffee, nuts, chocolates and steak (all in moderation) are also healthy! Hurrah!

2 comments:

twentyfivecents said...

God Bless you sister for affirming my conviction in coffee, nuts, chocolate and red meat. All of which I consider God's blessing to mankind and the like. :)

kev

Chipmunkrock said...

welcome back Kev!!!