Monday, January 02, 2006

Holiday today

What a great start to the new year.....pounded the streets of Terasek this morning..did 7km. I feel good!Had a really quiet morning today which is fantastic..I really need to recuperate after the busy busy year end. Over the weekend, ET came and Mien came to stay over at my new place (separate occassions). ON Saturday night, New Year's Eve I watched "Must Love Dogs" with Mien. Pretty ok, one of those feel good romance flicks. Actually there wasn't much focus on the dogs. But I thought John Cusack looked remarkably like his sister Joan, when previously I thought they bore no resemblance at all. We could hear the booming fireworks coming from the Curve, but couldnt see it from where we were. It was thunderous until some car alarms went off.

For this year, I am trying to set my priorities right, which is why you see that I don't blog as often as I did before. I need to spend some quiet time alone with God before doing other things. But I think I'm still gonna try and update my exercise diary daily.

Oh yesterday I went to watch "Cinderella", a pantomime produced by Paul Loosley starring Elaine Daly, Indi Nadarajah, Joanne Kam and a whole lot of others. It was very funny and slapstick, good no brainer laughs included! It was a localised version of Cinderella with Elvis Presley songs intertwined. Indi did a good job at belting some Elvis numbers like "Hound Dog". Douglas Lim was the narrator "Buttons" and he even threw some chocolates to the audience. The best part of a panto is being able to hiss and boo the villainous characters.

I've got an oven toaster as a housewarming gift so now I can make toast. Hurrah!

Rushing to go to my new place now, my thoughts are all over the place but just wanted to blog down my thoughts. Oh well, have a jolly good holiday!

No comments: