Saturday, January 21, 2006

Casualties of a runner

It was indeed very disturbing to read about a jogger who was raped and murdered on her evening jog last week in Sungai Petani. What is the world turning into? The irony of it was, she was actually worried for her sister who was going to jog alone and therefore accompanied her. And it turned out she was the victim. What was also scary was the fact that she was just jogging around her neighbourhood.

I'm one of those who would do things by myself if ever I can't find company to do the same. I'd go for movies by myself or have a meal on my own. And I would run alone (ya one of those crazy ones). It just isn't safe anymore. I thank God He's protected me all this while. I'm also thankful I have a bunch of other crazy people I can run with.

The last major casualty of a runner which I am aware of is a lady in my running club who got knocked down by a car while running early in the morning. I suppose running can be now considered a high risk sport.

But I still love it.

No comments: