Thursday, January 12, 2006

My mini triathlon

Today was a super power workout day. Started the day with a 6.6km outdoor run. Amazingly, even after yesterday's tough RPM class, I still had a lot of energy this morning! Woke up feeling a little sore and I thought,hmmm will probably walk. Today only Hsiung and Julia showed up. First round I went really slow, and by second round I was feeling super and could go a little faster. By third round I could sprint a little. I think the RPM class helped me to strengthen my thighs (as if, only 1 class...) Felt really good today. Right after the run, I had my usual Starbucks, and had a coffee marathon as well. Since they've been giving free refills I had 2 and a half cups of coffee (actually not very good, because it's dehydrating but I just love Starbucks coffee. Well as long as one rehydrates themself with lots of water then it isn't that bad. One should have 2 cups of water to every 1 cup of coffee...so you can imagine how much water my stomach now contains or how often I need to go to the toilet..)

After my run and coffee, I headed to Celebrity Fitness. Thought I'd check out the banghra class. I'm not really into dance, and I much prefer athletic types of exercises, so I ended up in RPM again. Today Ammetta was instructing and she did a much, much better job than the South American. Well I think we should really salute local instructors but most people end up worshipping ang mohs who look good and have no substance. To be fair some ang mohs are good, but I think we should also give local instructors a fair chance. Anyway I've always supported local instructors who have good techniques and are truly concerned for their clients. Ammetta's cueing was a lot clearer, and she constantly reminded us of our posture and technique. That's a trademark of a good instructor.

So that was my triathlon: run-coffee-cycle (Lynn style). Had a nice steam bath, also steamed my hair - now it's all soft and nice :) After that I treated myself to a lovely power smoothie - really re-energises. Ah what a lovely workout today!

No comments: