Thursday, January 05, 2006

Back to Pantai Hills

Finally! I've not been running the Pantai Hills route for almost a year, and today I completed it without dying. It's one of the toughest routes, because Jln Tmn Pantai is pretty steep. I am not very sure of the distance of the whole route, but I think the last time Ragu measured it on his Garmin it was about 6-7km. It took me about 42 minutes to complete the route, but I went really slow and steady. Started off at Jln Terasek, went up Jln Ara, into Jln Turi and then into Jln Taman Pantai. There is supposedly a haunted house on Jln Turi (someone got murdered in the house about nearly 10 years ago and it has been vacant since) and everytime I run pass the house I get goosebumps. At the summit of Jln Taman Pantai, the view was breathtaking - I could see KL Tower and Twin Towers with the rolling hills in the background. It was also wonderful to see how clear the air was, much unlike the time we were shrouded with the haze. After jln Tmn Pantai, I then hit the main road, back to Jln Ara and then back to Telawi.

My energy level was quite high today despite the leg exercises yesterday. Towards the end i could feel fatigue in my legs, so I decided not to push it and didn't do an extra round of Terasek. Next time.

Ellen has given me a free pass to Celebrity Fitness, I am going to check it out and see what the hype is all about.

Today's exercise diary:
7km outdoor run

Oh ya, watched Perhaps Love last night. Sat in the 1st row!! I think I was going cock-eyed! Show isn't bad but a bit slow at some parts. Takeshi Kaneshiro is GORGEOUS..drool..

No comments: