Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My First RPM

Went for my first RPM class today (Rear Pain Maximum). Kidding....no pain in the rear at all. I had a pretty good workout, was dripping with sweat by the end of the class. It's quite fun too, with the motivating music. Actually it's something you can even do on your own, it's just a matter of changing the intensity. I mean , how much more can you do with a bike? It's just that in a class setting, it's more motivating when you see other people pedalling furiously and then you get kiasu and want to do the same.

I couldn't hear the instructor most of the time..no idea what he was rambling on with his South American (I think) accent. The bloke was quite a looker. But I reckon any bozo can teach this sort of class. Like I said, it's a matter of changing intensity and you don't even need to be rhythmically inclined. Unlike other forms of group exercise, like Body Combat or Pump or even Step, you need to follow the music and beat. Of course it helps if you are rhythmically inclined, as you get a kick (or shiok) when you cycle to the rhythm. But after seeing this instructor, I reckon you don't really need the skills to qualify - all you need is some looks and ang moh skin colour and you've made it.

I now remember why I prefer to exercise in the morning. I've got too much adrenaline flowing in me and can't sleep.

No comments: