Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Lower leg day

Meant to go running with Jenny this morning but as alas, it rained. So I'll save the running for tomorrow, my usual running day. Instead did some lower leg workouts today (not a good idea since I am running tomorrow, but since Saturday is supposed to be my long distance day it's better to do lower leg today than Friday). In any case my gluteus maximus is maximus, so i need to work it out.

Here's what I did:
45 min on elliptical machine
Leg press (3 sets of 15 reps - 40lbs)
Leg curl (2 sets of 15 reps - 10 lbs)
Leg extension (2 sets of 15 reps - 10 lbs)
Calf raises (2 sets of 15 reps - 15 lbs)

I had wanted to use the seated leg curl (which I haven't used in a long while and I miss it) but because the gym had changed the machine I can't use it anymore because it is designed for Caucasians (Technogym equipment - made in Italy). Oh well Ms Short Limbs had to settle with the lying leg curl machine.

Another exercise which I havent done in a while is calf raises. This was one of my favourite exercises 10 years ago because I love diamond shaped calves (Diamonds are a girl's best friend). When I started running more regularly I didn't need to do this exercise anymore because running already shapes the calves.

My legs are a complete jello today. Hopefully I can still run tomorrow...

2 comments:

jesscet said...

Now your blog is sounding back like its original theme - a fitness blog! ;) Keep up the good work-out!

Chipmunkrock said...

yeap must keep it up :)