Friday, January 20, 2006

Thigh Thigh

I am quite sure my thighs have gone chunkier in the last 2 weeks. With all the running that I have been doing lately, I seem to be maintaining my muscle mass. While most people are happy to maintain their muscle mass, I've always liked myself a bit skinnier. I think it is a great feat to maintain muscle mass while increasing cardio activities, but I do wish my limbs would look skinnier!I guess it's a trade off. Either have skinny but not-very-toned limbs or have them a bit chunkier without the wobbly bits. Well glad to say my legs are not jello though nowhere near J-Lo. (that was just for the pun. I don't even think J-Lo has a nice body - too much gluteus max).

I think it's also because of RPM classes, they strenghthen the thighs a lot. Well after my 30 day free trial is over, I hope I am motivated enough to do some RPM on my own.

Yesterday I ran the Pantai Hills route with the added Jln Turi in the end. Amazingly still had enough energy to do RPM after that.

Today here's what I did:
25 min on elliptical
20 min on stepper
push ups
squats with dumbells

It's not easy to train for both the run and the KK climb. No wonder my thighs are getting bigger..all that legwork. I need to start heading to Batu Caves pretty soon. I haven't even attempted climbing the 19 floors in my condo building and I have 2 more months left to my KK trip....I've always wanted to be a tai tai but now I've only ended up being thigh thigh. (Gosh where did that come from, that was corny...)

No comments: