Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Wardrobe

I've just completed reading "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" by C. S. Lewis. I was probably about 12 the last time I read this book. Honestly I didn't remember much of the story though i thoroughly enjoyed it the first time I read it. Nevertheless I still enjoyed it this time, though I can't imagine what the movie would be like with the talking animals bit.

After reading the book it invoked my imagination a bit. I do wish I have an enchanted wardrobe which could just transport me to another world...a world where I can escape the crazy routine of life, exercise forever and not get tired, eat a lot and not get fat, be on permanent vacation, read and not forget, shop without spending, oh and of course; have skin that never sags....It would also be a world where animals could talk (just like in Narnia). I'd like to know what's on Razor and Caramel's minds. Razor's cataract is quite bad, so I am curious about what he sees or how well he sees. It would be nice if he could tell me. He's rather old, about 95 dog years so I wish he could tell me how he feels.

I'm not sure about being a queen in another world. I think I would be happy being a peasant girl.Well maybe not peasant...maybe cottage girl. In a nice little English cottage with daisies blooming in my garden. Baking strawberry pies. And then having them with Earl Grey tea.

I'm not much for Turkish Delight though. Oh!! But I wouldn't mind being in a chocolate factory like that in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!! Imagine swimming in chocolate and gulping down warm choclate with every stroke... (And of course not getting fat no matter how much chocolate you eat..)

Rats. I'm out of the wardrobe.

No comments: