Saturday, November 26, 2005

Independent Woman

I'm extremely satisfied with my Slumberland purchase. The mattress arrived today and I've already tested it with a morning nap. Extremely comfortable! I've never owned a queen size bed all to myself before, previously I shared one with my sister and when she moved out I had a single bed. I have to train myself to sleep right in the middle because I am so used to sleeping on one side!

Had a nice peaceful quiet morning..started the day with a lovely morning walk at Bukit Kiara. It rained and our usual Saturday morning run was cancelled but somehow Jules managed to drag me for a walk. We had a nostalgic conversation along the say, thinking of yesteryears. It was a good thing the rain stopped but just as we were almost finishing, the rain began again. Spotted Lilian Too horseriding. I shan't describe it or else I'd sound rude.

After breakfast with the gym gang, I headed to my new place to await the mattress delivery. Made my cup of Starbucks French Roast coffee. As I had my coffee and read my book, I couldn't help but feel so blessed to have a place of my own. I never dreamed that I would one day have my own place. I am reminded of the bridge of "Independent Woman" by Destiny's Child:

The shoes on my feet
I've got it
The clothes I'm wearin
I've got it
The rock I'm rockin
I've got it
'Cause I depend on me
If I wanted
The watch you're wearin
I'll buy it
The house I live in
I've got it
The car I'm drivin
I've bought it
I depend on me (I depend on me)

Well that's only partially true. While I did save hard to buy all my belongings, I didn't and don't totally depend on me. God really made it possible for me and I thank Him for that. I also thank my parents, who although did not have any say in the purchase of my place, helped me in their own ways.

No comments: