Tuesday, November 22, 2005

3M

3M is for music, movies and mattress.

Music
Last week I happened to be browsing in Tower Records and came across a 3 cd set:" The Most Beautiful operas" and decided to treat myself to it. As I turned on the first piece which was from "Madame Butterfly" I thought my ears were playing tricks on me. I heard someone coughing and wheezing!! I set it on rewind andlistened to it carefully, and sure enough! There WAS someone coughing. It sounded like like a pirated cd,just as when you buy pirated vcd's you can see heads bobbing across the screen, this time I heard coughs and sneezes.I took it back to the shop and exchanged it for "Hilary Hahn plays Bach" (violin) and "Christmas with the Three Tenors" and paid the difference. The Hilary Hahn album turned out to be brilliant, as (1) Bach is my favourite classical composer (2) I love Bach on violin (3) Hilary did justice to the songs. THEN I decided to play the Three Tenors Christmas cd...and guess what.......I heard coughs and sneezes again!!! I was getting really fed up, as I was surprised that such a huge music store would have such low quality products on their shelves. I noticed that both the Opera and Three Tenors cds were made in Australia. I eventually took it back and exchanged it for Orff's Carmina Burana. If you're buying any cd's made in Australia, I suggest you check it carefully as it could be pirated.

Movies
By tomorrow I would have been to the cinema 4 times in 8 days. Last WednesdayI went to watch "Corpse Bride", then on Sunday I went to watch "Goblet of Fire". Yesterday night I took my nephew to watch "Goblet of Fire" (again...twice in a row) and tomorrow I'll be bringing him to watch "Chicken Little". What a bum I am, going to the cinema so often! I personally enjoyed "Goblet of Fire" although a number of parts from the book were snipped off. Enough said, I know many of you haven't watched it.

Mattress
I finally bought my mattress today!! Hurrah!! They'll be delivering it this weekend. I think the lady in the shop was rather amused, as I was testing all the mattresses, trying out different sleeping positions, hopping from one mattress to another. I shortlisted my choice to between a King Koil(American) and a Slumberland(British). I eventually settled with the Slumberland Orthopedic mattress not because it is British but because it has a 15 year warranty and it was only slightly more expensive than the King Koil. Comfort wise, both are comparable.

Oh! Uncle Wong managed to get some discount for the sofa for me. Now I need to choose the colours. I am getting excited again! Hopefully I can get it before Christmas. Seems like things are slowly falling into place. Also bought myself a pretty little mirror for my bathroom.

Ran 6.6km (outdoor) today. It was a good run. I need to regain my stamina after battling my throat infection for nearly a month. My plantar fascitis also seems to have eased off. My feet are less stiff in the morning. Need to start my running log again.

Monday's exercise diary:
3km run on treadmill
10 min on ellyptical machine
Bench press
Dumbell flye
bicep curl
tricep kickback
Double crunch
Back extension

1 comment:

Chipmunkrock said...

i cant remember the record label, but it's not one of the mainstream ones. All i remember is that they were made in Australia! I think next time it's just safer to go for the large record companies! Never compromise the quality!