Tuesday, March 07, 2006

What have they done to my school???

Since I was in town yesterday, I decided to drive through Bukit Nanas to catch a glimpse of my good old school where I had plenty of good fun with my friends. Memories flooded as I drove pass Bangunan Ming on my left and on my right, what used to be Fatima kindergarten. Just right after Bangunan Ming, St John's Primary school was on my left, where I used to go for badmintion practice after school. As I drove further down, St John's secondary school was on my right, well maintained (from the exterior) and looked exactly the same. Finally, at the end of the road there stood Convent Bukit Nanas..I was aghast at what they had done to my former school. What used to be a pristine white building(ok, not exactly white white, it had green moss in the crevices) is now beige with ugly brown columns and arches. It looked plasticky, even worse than a Lego model.

Have they forgotten the original symbolism of white in a convent school? Well I guess purity is absent these days and the horrible colour also symbolises that.

2 comments:

C-CUBE said...

wah u r a real gym fitness buzz.

Chipmunkrock said...

heh heh i aint called gyminy cricket for nothing!