Thursday, March 02, 2006

Flashback of Hanoi...

No show from the other runners today, so it was a solo performance. My last run before the KL International Marathon (which I am only doing half). This is the first time I've been so unprepared for a 21km run, even worse than my preparation for the Great Eastern Run a month and a half ago. I think I haven't achieved 10km since. And I've just recovered from a runny nose and sore throat. Did the usual 6.6 km today.

This morning the skyline was beautiful. That inspired me to run even though I initially felt tired. At least I didn't feel like dying today. Hope I can pull through on Sunday.

The gym gang celebrated my brother's birthday at this fine Vietnamese restaurant in One Bangsar called "Cung Dinh". It's pricey of course but the food's brilliant. I think I haven't had enough of Vietnamese food since my Hanoi trip. Hsiung asked why I didn't wear my ao dai. I didn't want to be mistaken for a waitress. What I enjoyed most was the deep fried snake fish. It's an ugly creature, it really looks like a snake. The restaurant also serves very good caramel custard. And can you believe it, at the end of the meal, they served us the ginger which I had in Hanoi which gave me diarrhoea....

Deja Vu....

No comments: