Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Heat Is On!

Was so bummed out, I fell asleep on my sofa and was there the whole night! Was up at about 5am but felt totally, totally lazy to get up. Felt quite reluctant and lazy to run this morning, but I finally jumped up and got ready at 6.10am. Felt quite tired and not exactly energetic.

Started my run at 6.45am...there was one other man who ran, but I think he did 10km as I didnt see him past 10km mark. Seemed like a pretty warm day as my body was already burning by 3km. Alas, at 7th km the sun was up and against my back. Very very hot! I felt quite awful today, felt tired by 3rd km and didnt feel wonderful after completing 10km. Even after i hydrated myself with 100+ and refueled with Power Gel, my body was quite exhausted. My body was so low on fuel that the Power Gel tasted so good, and my body just quickly absorbed the sodium. Today I was accompanied by 80s, contemporary chart and Christian songs.

By the 15th km I had depleted all my water and was quite dehydrated. Walked for a few meters before resuming my run.The sun was already in my face and even my photochromatic lenses went very dark. It was just unbelievably hot.On the way back I saw many DBKL workers mowing the grass preparing for Merdeka Day.

Finally completed my run, in a surprisingly shorter time than last week although I felt worse than last week!I guess it was hotter this time round and also when I did my first 20km last week I had less expectations - having completed 20km last week I would of course expect to complete it this time too.

When I got home guess what? The sun decided to hide itself behind the clouds! Bah!But I guess I do have to get used to the heat as well, since Singapore is pretty hot..

No comments: