Sunday, September 25, 2005

Stomp

Had the pleasure of watching Stomp this afternoon. It was a brilliant performance, it was amazing to see how innovative they were as they could make music with just anything. From trash cans to match boxes to even newspaper, they were able to create rhythm. They made good use of the entire stage, and it wasnt just a symphony of noise but each piece flowed smoothly to the next. One of the performers even provided comic relief to the show. What was good about it was that it was an interactive perfomance as they got the audience to clap and stomp as well. It's a good test for those who are rhythmically impaired...

A must see for those who love rhythm and percussion.

2 comments:

WeeFishy said...

Stomp has been in London for a while now, but it's not been something I'm very keen to go for. I've seen them on the Royal Variety Show and I think they are great... at first. I'm not sure that I can take 90 minutes of it.. after the 10 mins I've seen, I got bored!

Chipmunkrock said...

it gets more exciting towards the end. some parts in between gets a bit slow (which Mun Loong dozed off..) but the ending is the best coz it gets louder and louder! But i'd have to say it's not something i would watch again but definitely worth the experience watching it once!