Thursday, September 15, 2005

Big Sign

What started off as a good day ended up bad.I had the pleasure of having breakfast with CK in a long time since he became a dad. It was great catching up, most people rarely have the time to do so once they become a parent. We had breakfast in this place called Kimi Gallery in Taman Tun. They make REALLY good 3/4 boiled eggs and toasted buns with kaya and butter. CK and I went through some interior books and magazines, thereafter I brought him to take a peek at my condo. Incidentally his brother also lives in the same condo but in a different block. It was also wonderful finding out what's been happening with some of our mutual friends.

Went to work, work was pretty bearable today..not swarmed but busy with the usual routine. After work, I got all excited about going off to pasar malam to get my 2 litre outer space polycarbonate water bottle. Went to pick Ellen. On the way I noticed the temperature gage needle was higher than normal.....it would never exceed half mark usually. But it seemed to be playing tricks on me..sometimes it went up, sometimes it went down. By the time I reached Ellen's place, the needle was almost at "H". So I thought I'd leave the car to cool for a bit while I went to pasar malam. Wasn't in a particularly good mood already as I knew the car was overheating. Anyway, dropped by the water bottle stall, and of all days they didn't sell the 2 litre bottle. No alkaline water for me I guess.

Wasn't sure what to do with the car, but drove it back to Ellen's place. In the short distance that I drove, the temperature had risen quite a bit, so I thought I'd better give it a check. Well what do you know, the coolant was all dried up. I remember sending the car for servicing not too long ago..So anyway, I am incapacitated again...no car. Got the internet working but no car now. Makes one realise how dependent we are on technology. I've left my car at Ellen's place and Uncle Wong's going to help me get it fixed. I feel so handicapped without my trusty little car!

The irony of it was, I have been talking to my Dad the last couple of weeks about getting a new car. And we talked about it again today. My car's been with me for 9 years.I was just telling my Dad that I wasn't sure whether to purchase a new car now or to delay it until next year since my present car isn't, sorry WASN'T giving any problems. And I didn't want to wait until my car started giving me problems.God always gives me signs...and this is a BIG sign for me....time to change car.

No comments: