Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Dog and Dama

ET invited me on Sunday night to watch Tan Soo Suan and Dama Orchestra perform the tunes of Teresa Teng. For a banana person like me, I quite enjoyed it , though I have to say that the acoustics in KL PAC isn't all that great for musicals. Considering that most of the songs were in Chinese (Mandarin, Hokkien, Cantonese) I was still able to appreciate the music. Of course i didn't know diddly what all the songs were about (mostly love love songs). I could not even understand the Hokkien song, as Taiwanese Hokkien is completely different from Penang Hokkien. The only words I could understand was "bak chang" (dumplings). Soo Suan sang 2 English songs, "Bridge over Troubled water" and "Power of Love" which I thoroughly enjoyed. The orchestra played with precision and passion. Bumped into Mien's parents during the intermission.

After the performance, as ET and I were walking to her car, we spotted 3 little puppies frolicking around the car park. There was one which was white with black spots, another with white fur and the last one with cream coloured fur. We were told that the puppies were recently abandoned and that they havent been fed. Infact there were 3 more other puppies which we did not see (6 pups in total). We had the right mind to take all 3 to SPCA, but where on earth were we going to house all of them? Then I did something whimsical. I took a chance and took one of the puppies (the cream coloured one) home. In the car he had already gained my trust and was sleeping with his head on my forearm. I AM AT THE MOMENT LOOKING FOR AN OWNER TO ADOPT HIM. I've named him Caramel,and I'd really love to keep him but I can't because of Razor. Razor's been the sole dog in my home for the last 11 years and he's not going to be able to adjust to it. I don't want him to feel dejected. I am still looking after Caramel for the time being, but if there are any dog lovers who are willing to adopt him, please let me know.

Here are some pics of Mel:


Caramel's Biodata
Gender: Male
Fur colour: Cream
Eyes: Brown
Age: 2 months







































3 comments:

jesscet said...

It was a happy experience rescuing a stray pup.. but must say you have lots of compassion for animals.. :) If i hadn't two dogs at home, I might do so though parents would definitely freak out (they have this `concept' about strays thus asked me to get only pedigree.) But Caramel is sweet and deserves a home.. so everyone, pls look out for someone to adopt her!

Chipmunkrock said...

Caramel is male...

jesscet said...

oops! of course. must be writing too much on Jelly..:p