Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Incapacitated

Finally! After 6 days of internet drought, I finally have access again. For some strange reason, my modem suddenly could not be detected by my pc. It wasn't fried at all. Tried to re-install it but to no avail. Took it to the shop and they had problems reinstalling it as well. So I bought a new one...after all it's pretty cheap nowadays.

I guess I am incapacitated in more than 1 way. My plantar fascia isn't getting any better. I wake up in the morning and my feet are awfully stiff. I have stopped running for 1 1/2 weeks now. I guess I am not going to be able to make it to the Singapore marathon as I am way behind my training scehdule. The longest mileage I have reached is 1okm (which was 2 weeks ago) and I only have 2 1/2 months to the run. I guess it's a sign for me to retire from running, hang up my running shoes and just concentrate on my gym routine. After all, I don't have the physique of a runner..infact I have every runner's nightmare: flat feet, broad hips and bunions. Sigh!

Another reason I should give up running is that it makes one go berserk. (Or maybe, it's the other way round..one must be mad enough to run) Read about the drama in Putrajaya run last weekend.

Last night I was at Clau's to help her pack her things. Ended up clearing a number of items for her...took back some crockery, curtains, tablecloth and oh yes! I have an extra coffee plunger now. Great! Now I can make Starbucks coffee for my guests. Harlina popped over with some 100 Plus and Toblerone and we had a nice girly chat. Harlina's moving to Penang soon too. Seems like everybody is going away.

No comments: