Saturday, September 03, 2005

Climb Every Mountain

Did a 14km run this morning. Knackered now. I have my feet soaked in warm water with Rosemary oil and having a cup of Rift Valley (bold)blend. I tried my new coffee plunger today which I bought from Ikea. Hurrah! Now I can have strong and bold coffee at home (I don't like Nescafe or those instant coffee)

Nothing much exciting happening lately. Catching up with Mien later. Oh ya...Ellen and I have gathered about 10 people who are interested in Mt KK climb...but all are female! Tony my ex-colleague has volunteered to lead and train us. His training regime is pretty scary. His training includes REAL trekking in places like Gunung Datuk (Rembau), Gunung Nuang (Ulu Langat), Gunung Brinchang (Cameron), Batu Caves etc etc...Here I was thinking that I'll just make do with the stepper and climbing up the stairs in Lake Gardens. At most Batu Caves. I wasn't lying when I said I'm an athlete wannabe.

During my run this morning, I also thought of my favourite positive phrases to motivate me during the run:

1. "Do or do not, there is no try" (Yoda)
2. "Climb every mountain, ford every stream, follow every rainbow til you find your dream"
3."I'm bursting with energy"
4. "Be bold, be strong, for the Lord your God is with you"

Thinking about my indulgence also pushes me to run.

Exercise diary today:
14km run

Food diary today:
Breakfast: 1 banana, 100 plus, lime juice, 2 sets of steamed bread with kaya and margarine, coffee
Lunch: 2 sets of tuna sandwiches
Dinner: Home made idli with curry chicken

Exercise diary yesterday:
20 min walk on treadmill
15 min on ellyptical machine
10 minute on stepper
push up (narrow and wide)
dumbell row
upright row
shoulder press

Food diary yesterday:
Breakfast: coffee and toast
Lunch: Oats and marmite
Dinner: Pasta Chinese style
Supper: pink guava


No comments: