Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Stick Insects Have More Fun


My gym friends contorted their faces when I told them I needed to lose 5 kg. "5 kg???? From WHERE are you going to get 5kgs to lose??" I pointed to my lower belly and hips. "If you have to lose from your belly we have even more to lose!" they said.

I still think stick insects have more fun , no matter what people say. Come on, look at all the boutiques in KL. Only designed for anorexic people. And it doesn't help that I am short also..it's so difficult to buy slacks these days. Everything comes in drainpipe cut. Where are all the clothes that fit J-Lo type of body shape??

When I was in Paris admiring all the Renaissance paintings, rounded and rotund women were the "in thing". Maybe I'm just born in the wrong era. Even as there have been some movements to create awareness that size isn't everything, and even with women like Beyonce, Shakira and J-Lo...society still favours stick insects somehow. If you don't agree with me, then why are people so driven to want to lose weight or desire to be skinny?

I for one have double standards. I don't think anorexic girls look very nice, but I DON'T MIND looking anorexic myself. Strange huh. Better to look anorexic than be a hominis robustus.

Ran 6.6km today.

No comments: