Friday, January 18, 2008

Sheer Stupidity


I am untrained. Like pretty untrained...although I have been working out heavily in the gym, I haven't achieved 10km in 1 year!! And I've made up my mind to go for the race on Sunday. (Unless I feel really horrible..) I've decided I will encourage myself by pinning the number to my shirt! I've selected my famous fluorescent yellow shirt for this Sunday. Hopefully I will have the impetus to run!

This will be the first race that I will be doing since last year. This time last year I was just recovering from a cough, therefore I didn't complete the race...I signed up for 30km but took the escape route after 10km!! After that it was downhill on the way and it was extremely, extremely difficult to regain momentum and stamina.

I've decided that I will take it slow and just enjoy the race.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

C-CUBE said...

Get started somewhere else u will never start to make a comeback. I know its extremely difficult but get your mind over your body. Seeya on Sunday.

Chipmunkrock said...

thanks for the encouragement. i'm hoping to join you guys soon but been putting it off coz i know i'll be slow and dont want to run alone in the dark so early in the morn.

see you tomorrow!