Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Middle Age Spread



















I don't think I'm accepting middle age spread very well.....that's what you call DENIAL! Been working out so hard the last few weeks and the scale hasn't budged. I know, I know, everybody else says that it's muscles but let's not delude ourselves here!I mean, if the weight gain reflects muscles then I'd be Arnold Schwarzenegger by now. (oh by the way Blogger actually has Schwarzenegger in the spellcheck! Amazing.)

I have been pretty careful with my food as well, so I guess all this non weight loss can be attributed to middle age. Sigh! I dread to think what my weight would be when I hit 40...50...60 years. Yesterday my friend at the gym commented, "oh you're so lucky you don't have a tummy"...to which I responded "ya but I have something you call THIGHS".

It's true what they say, when pear shaped people eat, all the food bypasses the stomach and just heads straight for the thighs. Mind you, there's no point having child bearing hips if you aren't going to make use of them..

Yesterday's workout
------------------------
Hit the gym at 6.10am yesterday. I always look forward to Mondays, because it's RPM day. Energy level was quite high, from all that carb from the sushi last night. Did:

30 min run on treadmill (max heart rate= 163 bpm)
20 min on elliptical machine

Lats day -I love a sexy back!
Lat pulldown
UPright row
Seated row
Bent over flyes
100 fitball crunches - abs hurt like mad today!
1 minute plank on fitball

After all that, ended with RPM. I think we have a new instructor, Kean is his name. Quite a pleasant personality and quite smiley in the morning - has a Joker smile. He's rather motivating. By then my thigh muscles were all tired, I couldn't really sprint at a high resistance.

Today's workout
------------------
Did my usual 6.6km run outdoor. Always feel knackered after RPM the next day. My speed seems to be reducing also..is this all a part of being middle age? Saw my reflection in the glass as I ran past the bank.

Horrors.

1 comment:

WeeFishy said...

Haha that picture is not you is it?!!