Thursday, October 27, 2005

Cameron Highlands - Day 1 (25 Oct)

I was away in Cameron Highlands for 2 days and 2 nights. The day started out with ML and I running some bank errands while waiting for Lisa (who had some work to settle) and Cheese (who had some household matters to settle). Went back to RHB head office to do some banking. Memories sure started flooding back. Was supposed to meet an ex colleague but infortunately she was away at a meeting. After I settled my errand, it was ML's turn to do banking. I was dropped off at KL Plaza while he went to do banking. I haven't been there for ages and I never realised there were so many tai tai shops there. Bumped into an old uni friend whom I haven't seen for at least 12 years! He is now a father of 2 and a senior manager at his company.

After that we had lunch at Lot 10, where I had a scrumptious sandwich from Sun Moulin. Upon finishing lunch, we picked up Lisa from her office and headed off to ML's house. Played with Yumi (I'm not sure how it's spelled) and Ebony. Later Cheese came over to pick us up and we started our journey to Cameron at about 3pm.



Pup parade















Ebony and Yumi













Yumi














By the time we arrived there, it was about 730pm. We checked into Equatorial. The place is pretty nice but a little run down if you compare with KL standards. Very peaceful and quiet. We then headed off to Brinchang to have good ol' steamboat for dinner. It was the traditional steamboat set using charcoal for fuel. Haven't had that in a long time. It adds a certain smoky flavour to the food.

Since it was already late, we just went back to the hotel to unwind. Played mindless card games like "fishing", "old maid" things that 6 year olds would play. We left our brains in Kuala Lumpur...

No comments: