Monday, November 10, 2008

Got Socked Alright..


In my earlier post Sock It To Me I mentioned that I needed new socks for the race. Well, I got them tonight...and the price sure knocked the socks off me. First of all, I am quite upset that New Balance is not giving discounts to Pacesetter members anymore..secondly, I paid an arm and leg for those socks!!

I think people would think that I am mad to pay RM49 for a pair of socks. 2 things to note: firstly, that I am a self confessed wannabe runner, so the thought of buying a pair of "marathon trainer" socks turned me on. Anything that I can associate myself with being a marathon runner, I will surely get sucked into. Secondly, I DO perpsire a lot - infact my socks are already drenched in the 8th km...and it's not exactly a nice sensation to be running in wet socks for the next 34km.

So there you go - I got sucked into buying New Balance Marathon trainer socks.

On the tag is says:
*Left/right - anatomically correct
*Friction-free Profelin Yarn in heel and toe eliminates blisters and skin irritation
*Tactel Nylon for comfort and moisture management
*2nd skin fit
*Arch support - stability and comfort

Well I am going to test it this week and see if it works any better.

2 comments:

WeeFishy said...

Put it on... do they make you feet look good (like in the advert photos?)

Chipmunkrock said...

haha havent tried it yet..will let you know ;)