Saturday, November 08, 2008

35km!

It was all quiet on the blogfront the whole of last week...Reason is that last weekend I did not run over the weekend..had a wedding to attend, plus I developed a cough. I had planned to run on Sunday instead of Saturday as I usually do, but I decided against it since I did not have proper carbo loading during the wedding plus I had 1 glass of wine too many. Also having taken antibiotics the few days before, my body felt rather weak and I wasn't sure if i could pull off 30km.

The rest paid off though. I ran 35km today, and I felt extremely strong!Today I had my friend and brother with me, we started together but as usual I am the last to finish. I didn't carry my MP3 today as I wont be using it on the actual day itself...so why not emulate the same scenario. Also wore my running vest for the race - the maroon didn't feel too hot in the sun..I think. Don't think I felt a significant difference wearing red or maroon...i am sure the fluorescent yellow deflects light but...I'd like to wear something new for the race. (It's not superstition, just VANITY)

I was in top form today, even from 20-30km I was going strong. What killed me was the last 2km, suddenly I developed a very bad stomach cramp...I don't think it was from dehydration as I ensured that I was well hydrated during the run..I don't know what it was, it felt like a period cramp but it couldnt possibly be as it wasnt that time.. I sure hope I dont have the same thing for the real run. Maybe I drank too much water.

Even as I finished my last leg, my calves were sore but my legs felt like they could go on. Was still quite energetic...it was that cramp which slowed me down.

There. I've completed 35km. I'm just looking forward to tapering down...and to 7th December.

No comments: