Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Celebrity for life?

Got a call from Celebrity Fitness today, asking me to upgrade my membership to Diamond membership (lifetime). The guy got lambasted big time. I told him the gym needs to get their act together before approaching members for upgrades.No manager on duty, no towels to shortchanging us of personal training sessions were but only part of my complaints.

Honestly all they want is $ from us, then they will treat us like crap again. He confessed that they have staffing problems and turnover is high but hey, I am in retail/service line too, so as far as consumers are concerned, it's not their problem.

He kept saying that I will save a lot of $ by signing up but I told him, if i dont sign up I will at least have the option of joining another gym.

After what happened to Lifestyle Gym previously (ie chup lup)I don't mind paying slightly more for short term, and extend again later. I don't see the point of paying lifetime membership (although it is worth it for me) when I cant even be sure that the gym will survive.

No comments: