Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sock it to me!

I feel remorseful for having chocolate yesterday! And all that Diwali goodies...my 30km was in vain and all the effort has gone to waste!

Anyway, took my new orthotics for an 8km run this morning. I've still been using my old orthotics as they are still in good condition, and on gym days where I do short distance running, I use my new ones. THe first time I wore my new orthotics for a 6km run I ended up with slight blisters so I had decided to slowly ease into them. They still feel a little different, and higher than my previous ones.

But they worked out fine today. Did speed training and no blisters. Now I've got to shop for my socks for race day...the ones I am now using are a bit too thick and they get all drenched by 10km. Am ordering the Injinji socks (like feet gloves) but I haven't tried them out yet so I am not sure.

1 comment:

Spillay said...

Looks like the preparations are coming along great. Not long to go :)