Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Solemates


Asics Gel Evo 3D


My solemate

My Asics Gel Evolution 3D has really served me well. Considering that I've run cumulatively 500km (minimum) with them, the outer soles are still in excellent condition. Both my brother and friend purchased the Hurricane 10 and for some strange reason the soles wore out pretty quickly..I took a look at my friend's soles today and they were terribly worn out. Granted, sometimes its the way a person runs, but even with all my shuffling, the Asics withstood all the thrashing.Unfortunately this wont be the pair that I will be taking for race day - I will be using Saucony Hurricane 9. I am usually a die-hard Hurricane fan but I had wanted to try out Asics this time, and I am impressed with it. I've also ordered a Hurricane 10, but I've been told the Hurricane 9 is sturdier than the 10 so Hurricane 9 is probably the shoes I will wear for race day.


My other solemate


This is the orthotics which I have been using.. this is my 2nd pair. It's a bit more elevated than my first pair. But I'll probably use my first pair for race day since that's what I have been using for my long distance runs. I'm easing myself into this 2nd pair and the longest distance I have gone in them is 8km.

Anyway I ran 8km outdoor today, boy I was still low on energy. Partially also because I did weights on legs yesterday, so I was struggling a bit uphill.Not to mention that I had Thai for dinner, and my stomach was burning a little!

But I am glad I ran even though I was tired.

No comments: