Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Looking for my Tonto

Ran 15km this morning...and am at work now. Hopefully it will be a quiet day because i don't feel like walking around much after running 15km.

Finally, my brother and Hsiung have decided to start running from Bukit Aman. They had planned to do a 15-20km, but I said I could do no more than 15km as 20km is a bit of a rush for me since I have to work. Just as we started our run, I saw CCC, Jamie and a few others finish the first day of their "Hell Weekend". It was a pleasant morning to run as it rained the night before.

I got really irritated when Hsiung told me that it's too dangerous for me to run with my MP3 player on, especially when I am alone. I am not unaware of that, that's why I keep my volume low. He said he noticed I am the only person running alone whereas most female runners run with a guy. PLease tell me something I dont know! The whole reason I run with an MP3 , which I never used to is because it's hard to motivate myself when I am a solitary runner. I already told him so many times that it's hard for me to find a running partner, regardless of gender, who runs the same pace as me. I was really angry, because, if he thinks it's soo dangerous for me to run alone, why doesn't he slow down and run with me?

I just get annoyed when people volunteer advice when they dont do anything to help.

So yes, I am still looking...and waiting for my Tonto.

If not, heck I'll run alone. Because I know I am not alone..my Lord is with me.

No comments: