Saturday, September 27, 2008

24

After my hiatus last week, I decided to be a heroine and do 24km today. I'm all sore and tired now...

Started my run about 6.20am. Saw a group of about 15 runners, but it was all guys. I didn't see anyone familiar. It ended up a solitary run again for me, my friends ditched me and did 12km instead. They have finally registered themselves for the full marathon in Singapore, but i don't know when they will start doing at least a 20km.

I seem to be losing things when I'm running! It's all due to my deteriorating Adidas running belt..today I lost a broken watch. No love lost as it was a cheap watch, and the strap was broken, but now I am forced to buy a new watch. I tried to stuff my car keys and watch into one of the water bottle compartments, but I guess it must have bounced off when I was running. I'd decided to hold my carkeys in my hand - I would not want to lose that!

My first song on the mp3 was "Agnus Dei" - perfect to start a run with a song of praise.After about 5km, I realised that I still had stamina, but my thighs were feeling fatigue! I think it was due to the 10 min sprint on the bicycle yesterday.I didn't think it had such a great impact.There was a couple who overtook me somewhere near Tijani. Sigh it seems like I am always the only solitary runner. Women always have their partners to run with. It's so difficult for me to find a person who can run at my pace - oh well that's what you get for being a wannabe athlete. Can't run but want to run! In any case, I'm always put in situations where I am always alone. So I guess it makes no difference whether I am running alone or living this life alone. I've always had to look out for myself, and it's the same for running.

As I reached the Jalan Duta highway, there was a stupid motorcyclist travelling on the pavement in opposite direction. I really hate that! Leave the pavement for pedestrians for crying out loud! Nearly lost my Power Gel trying to avoid this stupid motorist.

At the water station, I took a Double Latte Power Gel - it sure sustained me and also brought extra fuel to my tired thighs. I think my body is slow to react - I normally only start feeling better after having run 10km. Gosh it takes me forever to warm up!

I did the extra loop around Carcosa...by that time my knees felt busted and I really really wanted to walk but it was really mind over matter...had to tell myself that I've not much time left to increase distance, what more missing last week's run.

Right after the run I went back and showered and went for a farewell breakfast. After that went off to work...am at work now and I am so so tired, haven't put my feet up, and I have my parents' anniversary tonight.

God have mercy on me!:P

No comments: