Saturday, October 11, 2008

25km

After having a washout weekend last week, the weather was TERRIBLY hot today! Ran 25km..pretty dehydrated as it was such a hot day.

Started my run at 6.10am. Nice quiet morning, started the run with "Agnus Dei" and "Mighty to Save". As it was the end of songs in my mp3 player,I did not bother starting it again and rain without music for the first 10km.

I really suffered at all the hills today - I did a mistake of walking uphill on the treadmill on Friday..hence my gluteus muscles were very sore and tired. By the 7th km, my thighs were so so tired! But I managed to push on, and felt much better after a Gatorade and Power Gel. Saw a few other runners turning back as I reached Hartamas.

From 10th-20thkm it was quite boring, nothing out of the ordinary happened. BUt by the time I completed 20km, I thought I'd stop by the gerai at Lake Gardens to buy more isotonic drinks but alas, they were still shut for Raya. I was really dehydrated by then as it was such a hot morning....so i made a stop at Lake Club to refill my water bottles. I didn't run around Carcosa today but ran inside Lake Gardens..all in all I should have completed 25km.

I have started taking glucosamine for the last 2 weeks, I am not sure if it's a placebo or it's really working, but my knees dont feel so sore today!

or maybe it's still to early to tell....these days I have delayed onset muscle soreness - the soreness only sets in 2 days after!

Great run today, although I slowed down quite a bit in the last 5km.

3 comments:

Spillay said...

Keep up the good work. BTW, how long does it take you to complete a 25km run?

Sumi xx

Chipmunkrock said...

haha shy la to mention my time...below 3 hours but that's inlclusive of water stops. hopefully can improve more!

Spillay said...

That's a running speed on average of about 8km/h. That's good!!!