Sunday, December 21, 2008

Malakoff 12km

Went for the Malakoff 12km at Tmn Rimba Kiara this morning...Quite a huge turn up, with the new route, I had expected a jam similar to the ones in SIngapore Marathon. In the last minute the organisers decided that it was too dangerous to run on the SPRINT highway, so the race was limited to running 2 laps of the road from the Tmn Rimba up to Sime Darby Convention centre and back.

Flag off was delayed, we started about 7.15am I think (my watch is forever fast so I wasn't really sure of the actual time). It was quite a fast race (well at least for me it was, as I am more of an endurance than speed person). It was quite a gruelling circuit, with a total of 6 major slopes. By the time I finished 1 lap, I was really regretting doing heavy pec workouts on Friday...I was still quite sore and by the time I hit 6km, my shoulders were super duper tired, they almost felt numb! BUt of course with the crowd and adrenaline i just pressed on.

There was an anorexic looking lady who tried to outrun me at several points in the race,but here's where having fat reserves help - at the last hill when she tried to outdo me, alas I completely lost her going uphill... I had the extra fats (ie fuel) to propel myself uphill.

Finshed the race in 76 mins.

No comments: