Thursday, December 18, 2008

Barrier Broken!

Finally!! I have broken the barrier! I am finally back to my original weight 2 years ago. Last year was a rather sluggish year physically, and towards middle of this year I gained a hefty 5kg. (Yes it was THAT much.) Even after I started my marathon training, weight loss was progressive and very very slow. Towards the few weeks before the race, my weight had remained stagnant for a long time and it was difficult to break that barrier.

When I returned from Singapore, I realised I had lost another 2kg!! I've lost a total of 5kg alltogether.I believe it had something to do with the 1 week break, when I started exercising again my body responded better to the exercise. During the week before the marathon and the week after, I ate more carbohydrates than usual, and I believe it's because of that that I've had a speedier recovery.

I've managed to reduce my BMI to 23.07. Hurrah! Overjoyed!

1 comment:

Shan said...

hehe congratulations! nice start to the new year. :)