Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Payback time.

Did 8km outdoor today. Had to payback massively for last Saturday...I was such a total weakling on Saturday, and I was disappointed in my mental weakness.

Last Saturday, I ran about 5km before realising that I hadn't brought any money for hydrating fluids!! I was listening to Click Five's "Empty" at that time, and I suddenly realised my pocket was empty too...Soon after I realised I had no money, my running belt became loose and I dropped one of the bottles. Luckily I heard it drop and went back to retrieve it. After I had adjusted my belt, I realised I had dropped my Power Gel too! It was such a disastrous run.I had wanted to make a U turn, but I thought, I might as well just try to complete it.

By the time I completed 9km I was almost dying and dehydrated. Unfortunately the water that I carried was not enough, I usually carry 2 200ml bottles and then replenish at the petrol station. I was desperate and wanted to stop at my friend's house but i decided against it since it was 8am.

As I was turning back from the petrol station, suddenly I saw my friend walking towards me!! It was as though I saw a mirage! By that time I was so tired out and lost momentum..she was carrying a water bottle but I was so low on fuel by then I just could not run another 10km back. Had I not bumped into her I would have walked the 10km back. Since I had lost steam, I joined my friend and her family to shoot a few hoops at the park. Then they had to send me back to Lake Gardens.

What a washout.

SO, I had to make up for it today. 8km is like 4 hills..was dying in the first 2 rounds but managed to pick up pace after the 3rd hill....my friends still have not signed up for the Singapore Marathon, but their actions more or less confirms that they will be running.

Now I have to psyche myself up for a mega hill run on Thursday...

No comments: