Thursday, August 06, 2009

Tripping

No I am not talking about the psychedelic experience from drugs. I'm talking about tripping, as in falling over something.Went out for a short 6km run this morning, and at about the 5th km, I stepped on a long twig with my right foot, and somehow it momentarily got lodged between both my feet and nearly caused me to trip. I was then reminded of the times that I actually tripped and fell while running.

I have fallen twice in my entire running career. The first one was back in 2002 (I think), where I fell down and scraped my left knee badly. I still have the keloid to remind me of it. (I actually took a picture of my keloid to post on the blog, but the close up looked so disgusting even after touching up the picture, so I decided to spare you from seeing it). It was one of the most painful experiences I've had, a superficial cut hurts even more than an internal injury. I could feel all the nerves on my skin being ripped or something like that. What made it worse was the cut was right on the kneecap, so there was no way of it healing properly as the cut would open everytime I flexed my knee.It took quite a long time to heal. What a nightmare. THis happened at the Power Run...I remember I was quite tired that day, and this all occurred before I started running any marathons. At that moment in time, I was just praying to God that I would be able to finish the run..and guess what, I tripped and fell over RIGHT IN FRONT of an ambulance. So, I DIDN'T get to finish my run, but there was DEFINITELY some divine intervention there....how coincidental can that be, falling down INFRONT of the ambulance? I was trying to be a hero and finish the race anyway, but it was too painful and I was bleeding too much to finish the race. So that was the one and only time I ever got back to the finish line IN AN AMBULANCE. How embarrassing!

THe second time that I tripped was a few years back...think I was dragging my feet and then whoops, suddenly just tripped and fell....this time RIGHT infront of a bus. Good thing the bus didn't run me over!

But today, no I didn't fall infront of any vehicle. Definitely no psychedelic feel either!

No comments: