Friday, August 21, 2009

Fast Track

Linda Hamilton arms mission going steady. Despite sleeping only 4 hours, I managed to wake up for gym this morning. No not that I have a new laptop but I was out with a friend til pretty late as we had not seen each other in a year and we had lots to catch up on.

Was on the elliptical machine for 45 minutes, after which I did:

2 sets x 20 push ups (i picked this up from Suzy Favor Hamilton's book Fast Track which I am currently reading - check out her arms on the cover!)
3 sets x 10 reps dumbell press
2 sets x 12 reps dumbell
3 sets x 10 reps tricep dip
2 sets x 12 reps barbell clean and press

After doing the pushups my arms were quite fatigue, so during the second set of my dumbell press (using 10kg weights each arm) i suddenly dropped my left 10kg weight on my chest! Thank God for extra adipose tissue to protect any damage! Good thing it did not drop on my ribcage. So for the 3rd set I reduced to 8kg each side.

WHile I was working out, there was another lady at the free weights section talking to me. She was groaning about how she gained 1kg. What she wore was super tight, revealing no love handles and a great figure, and there she was sighing looking at her non existent bulge on the mirror. I was rolling my eyes as usual. And then another aunty came along and told her "oh i like your arms" to which she replied "Thanks, that's all I've got".

*ROLL EYES*

No comments: