Thursday, August 13, 2009

Asian BMI

Had some lovely strawberry cheese ice cream cake at Dad Baker's yesterday. Right after gobbling 2 slices of the lovely cake and 3 pieces of pizza, Dad baker whips out a BMI Index chart...special one, catered for Asians.And of course, moi was categorised as PRE OBESE. (ya ya i know i should stop eating those cakes but Dad Baker keeps making 'em?? :D)

Anyway I googled Asian BMI and here's a link I found, WHO's BMI criteria for Asians. It says:

So the Asian "overweight" criterion is >=23.0 kg/m2. But "obesity" body mass index criteria is up to each Asian nation to decide for themselves.

Hmmm typical Singaporeans la.

THis is the standard one:



So I've renamed myself "Her Royal Tubbiness, Queen of Cellulite" since I am obese by Asian standards.

No comments: