Sunday, August 09, 2009

Torturous evening run

Just got back from an evening run…nearly suffered the same fate as the KOTR runner….it was way too hot, I was dehydrated. I felt quite alright while running, but when I stopped to cool down, I felt a bit spaced out..the nearly passing out type of feeling. I’m sticking to my morning runs, definitely.

I squeezed in an evening run today because I missed my Saturday morning run yesterday….we ended bible studies pretty late on Friday and I was too exhausted on Saturday morning to wake up for a run. Could not run this morning either as I was singing in church. In my desperate attempt to clock in some mileage over the weekend, I decided to run in the evening.

Things I have observed about evening runs:
1. I don’t sniffle as much as from morning runs. My sinus tends to act up in the morning.
2. I much prefer to run on an empty stomach, the only exception I make is Power bars before runs. Nothing else. I was still burping from my soft shell crabs for lunch just now. Yucks!
3. Too too hot. I am really heat averse. Whole reason why I never run in the evenings.
4. Takes me a longer time to cool off in the evenings
5. I feel more energetic in the morning. Feel sluggish for evening runs and tend to drag my feet more

Think I got a bit of a tan from the run just now. I have sun kissed cheeks now! But I am still sweating after a cold bath..yucks!

No comments: