Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Desperately Trying to Get Back on my Feet

This first half of the year has been a real write off for me in terms of physical health. I was supposed to be running the full marathon this weekend, but I had to slow down on training earlier due to injury. So I guess my run at Singapore last year was my very last before I hit the veteran category. I am currently now recovering from a flu, this is my second in 6 months. Life really really sucks when one is not physically tip-top, and I am the type who gets easily demotivated when I am not physcially healthy - it's easy for me to run into depression.

I am currently trying to get back into the swing of things...once I fall ill my momentum for everything goes haywire. Did not gym much last week as I had no choice but to let the body recover. Woke up this morning feeling lazy, but I pushed myself to do an outdoor run, lest my body feel more lethargic from not exercising.

Managed to do a 5.5km run today, without feeling too exhausted. The little pleasures in life!

No comments: