Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Getting Better


Had to give the Wild Wild Run a miss...caught a bad bug from my colleague, I've been waking up to very stuffed up nose and phlegm every morning. Even though I didn't catch a cold or had a bad cough, I just felt very very tired and worn down, the same kind of feeling that you get when on medication. The funny part was, I wasn't on medication.

I believe that when you get a viral attack, the antibodies are working very hard, that's why you feel so tired even though you aren't really that sick. You tend to feel extremely sluggish and groggy. Well at least I did. Not to mention 4 days of no exercise, and my energy just plummeted.

I also made a day trip to PD on Sunday, which was another reason why I had to give the run a miss - I knew I would be driving back alone at night, and could not afford to be tired and sleepy while driving.

I started running again yesterday, a slow and easy one, and you would not believe how much of mucus i had in my nose (ok, too much information i know..) Today I feel much better, although still a little stuffy but I regained some energy and could run as normal.

No comments: