Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Getting to the Core



Last night I decided to bring out my Core Board. I've had it for a few years but all I've ever used it for was to collect dust. It's been sitting under the coffee table in my hall for years. I'd decided to go back to my daily abs routine which I havent done in a while. For now I've just been doing abs 3x a week, that is whenever I go to gym. Gave it a good cleaning and used it while watching Ugly Betty and Desperate Housewives.

I've never had such a good abs workout in a long, long time! Did about 45 minutes of squats, balancing poses and crunches.

Today I woke up late and missed 45 minutes of workout time. Nevertheless within an hour, I had a blast of a workout, with 30 minutes of cardio - interval training walking and sprinting. Followed with back exercises and 100 situps. Finally my abs are showing signs of concavity again!

PS my core board looks a little different from that above - instead of a flat base it actually stands on 4 legs.

1 comment:

winnieywp@yahoo.com said...

cardio, 100 situps, etc etc? my god. if i could do even half of that, I'd be in tip-top shape. Btw, chipmunkrock, I pop by your blog every now and then, so i must now add u to my blogroll ... happy trails!