Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Outdoor & Indoor

Woke up this morning to the sound of thunder....Hmmm was feeling a bit lazy and thought I'd sleep in. BUt since I've been told that I've gained weight beyond recognition PLUS I need to get my act together to start training for the KL Marathon. I've rested from long distance running for 3 months - my left hip was sore and all but now it's better although on certain days it still feels tight, especially if I dont exercise and stretch. Woes of a wannabe runner.

Anyway, we started running even though the sky was dark. We managed about 2km before it started raining. Just as we'd started running our second loop we felt raindrops. My girlfriend and I decided to turn back while the guys (being macho of course) carried on. In any case the guys were much faster so they were already further ahead whilst Julia and I could still turn back. We continued our run on the treadmill..Did about another 4.5km indoors.

WHile we were at the gym, one of my friend's husband who is a Dutchman came and used the treadmill beside mine. He is a marathon runner and has the physique. Here I was sprinting on my treadmill and when I looked over to his, he was running at 15.2km per hour!!!! And when he slowed down to a slow jog, he was at 9.9km per hour..gosh that is like sprinting for me already! BUt he is tall, and his 1 stride is probably my 5 strides.

'Twas a good run!

No comments: