Thursday, July 26, 2007

Retirement?

I've recently qualified to be in veteran category. I don't understand why women just have 1 veteran category when men have 2 veteran categories - junior and senior vet. A bit unfair and discriminating isnt it? And not to even mention that women become veterans at 35 while men become veterans at 40.

Anyway, I was thinking maybe I should retire from running. I ran 5km this morning and my left big toe and bunion hurt like nobody's business. So I don't think I will run the Adidas run next week. I've been having this pain on my left foot for a while, on and off - despite getting rest and all that. Maybe my orthotics need to be changed. Maybe my shoes need to be changed. Or maybe my running days are just over.

I've been battling fatigue for quite a while now, my phlegm still hasn't cleared from last time, I find it incredibly difficult to run now.

Is it time to hang up my running shoes?

3 comments:

jesscet said...

i can't imagine u not running!! it's like me saying i `retire' from cyberspace! hehe.

p.s. 35 is TOO young for retirement (but do take care of injuries la)

C-CUBE said...

its just one of those low period for you. rest well and gain back the health. then gain back the mileage, u shud be ok.

Chipmunkrock said...

thks for the encouragement..it's been a bad running year. But i am contemplating angkor wat since it's only half.i think i will need to forego Singapore as I dont think i can start training distance now.