Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Only 3 minutes!

Went for a quickie run before I went to JPJ this morning. Started at about 6.25am, the moon and stars were still out. It was reminiscent of my trip to KK when we had to climb to the summit at 2am. Did the usual 6.6km (3 rounds of Jln Terasek). It was a nice and peaceful morning, watching the stars as I ran and singing "How Great Thou Art" in my mind.

After the run I had to dash off to JPJ to renew my driver's licence. By the time I left home it was 7.40am, it took me about 40 minutes to get to Pertama Complex. I still remember that dingy place, it was where I usually got my jeans when I was a kid. You couldn't get proper jeans anywhere else (in those days) except Pertama. Oh and that was also the place you could buy T-shirts with pop star pictures. That was where I got my Duran Duran and John Taylor shirts (yes I used to be a die hard fan..) which evetually ended up under my feet (ie rags)

As soon as I arrived at JPJ I went to take a number. The guy dispensing the number looked like he could do with a cuppa Starbucks. Also had an attitude problem. Renewed my licence for another 5 years. The time between I took my number and had my card issued only took 3 minutes! Amazing!! Even my journey there was longer! Sometimes these government officers shock me.

2 comments:

C-CUBE said...

hahaha, tis cud be the same guy i encountered when i went to renew my driving license on Monday. but cant blame him, there is no motivation in his job besides giving out Q nos. anyone doing that will feel that way. just dont understand why cant JPJ leave the machine outside as a self service device......

Chipmunkrock said...

exactly...some more he was quite reluctant to give me a number!