Monday, June 26, 2006

Nail it!

I went for my first ever manicure and pedicure last Friday. I've always thought manicures and pedicures to be a waste of money ( I still do) but I did it because of the camaraderie of it. A girlfriend of mine got married last Saturday, and a group of us girls decided to get our nails done.Although I didn't go with the bride, I went with my co-bridesmaid. I had my nails done at Scentsual (nail studio) in Plaza Damas.

It was quite an experience though. The whole session took 2 hours!! Never in my life did I expect it to take so long, I thought it would be over in an hour. They really cleaned and removed all the dead skin at the edge of the nails. I think the girl who did my feet was quite shocked and disgusted at the state of my feet....You see, after all the years of running, my toes are not rounded...it's kind of flat at the base! Plus it is badly calloused and she had to rub my feet pretty vigorously with a pumice stone!I think what really shocked her was the big blister caused by my New Balance 901s!

I wouldn't pay that much for manicures or pedicures, but I guess I would not mind pampering myself once in a while.(very very blue moon). That's it. I need to become a tai tai.

2 comments:

WeeFishy said...

You definitely should try to get yourself pampered more often!! No one will look after you if not yourself!!! Next time I'm back we can go for a spa session somewhere, ok?

Chipmunkrock said...

haha yea it cost $$$ to pamper oneself. ok we'll make a date!