Sunday, June 11, 2006

Last 12 months

It has been 12 months since I first started blogging. I decided to join the blogosphere because I thought it was a great way for friends to know what's happening in my life. When I'd first started, I made a list of resolutions. In retrospect, I know I've grown a lot and had to make many decisions of my own. Although I have not fully moved into my new home, getting my own place was a good move as I had to grow up a lot and had to be more responsible for myself. Here's looking at my list of resolutions which I made last year:

1. Lose weight
Ok, like I said this is a life long resolution. I don't think I've gained much nor lost much weight in the last 12 months. On going process.

2. Start preparing for marathon
I started preparation for the Singapore Marathon but my training was foiled as I injured my left foot in the process. By the time my foot healed it was a bit too late to prepare for the race as my schedule was thrown off. Ah well, I hope to be able to run annother marathon.

3. Join kickboxing class
Ok this never happened...

4. Move into my new home
Almost there!!

5. Join BSF
I finally went for the intro class but unfortunately the actual classes are held on Tuesday evenings again, which clashes with my work schedule. I'm hoping that they'll one day have it on Monday or Wednesday so I can join the classes.Next round I guess.

6. Shop for new hamster
I did buy 2 new hamsters but they died within a month. Oh well..

7. Read the books i've purchased but never read
I may not have read ALL the books I've purchased but i am getting there..I am trying to read more frequently.

If people read my list, it would seem that I haven't achieved much. But honestly, I know I have come a long way since last year. Inwardly, I am growing and am still learning day by day. I think the most important item on my list is movin into my new home, whereas the others are a bit more frivolous. As I've said earlier, although I have not fully moved out yet, I know I am doing it progresssively and that's what counts.

I'm also really glad that in the last 12 months, I had the privilege of getting to know some of my friends at a deeper level. Praise God for that.

No comments: